Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Collar/Bling Planning

Yesterday was uneventful. I went to bed early intending on just a nap with Rudy. When he jumped off the bed at around 7 pm, I asked my husband to put him back with the others. I didn't wake up again until 6 am.

I like to feed Rudy twice a day and he eats Iams dry small chunks. I don't want to spoil him by adding canned food mostly because I think it makes feeding a dog a little more of a pain in the ass. I do give him lots of treats when he does a good job, like following me to my office and doing his business outside. He is almost always successful at both. We're still working on the down command.

I've been searching for the perfect collar for him even though I won't buy it until he's full grown and I have a collar size. It's unsure whether his size will be extra large (over 22" collar) or large (over 16"). I'm leaning more toward a black coach collar with a matching lead. At first I thought he would look best in a baby blue coach to bring out his eye, but after seeing him in black I've changed that opinion entirely. The black collar coordinates with his nose marvelously. However coach is expected to come out with their fall line soon so I may find something I like better. Here's the black collar. Isn't the bone charm perfect?!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For his bling I'm actively searching for a military shaped sterling silver dog tag that I can get engraved. After looking at several thousand dog tags, I decided on something a little classier than your average aluminum piece of shit tag. I called the jeweler I use on occasion to see what he had in stock and he quoted 55.00 for a dog tag that was thick enough to engrave. The engraving fee would cost extra. On ebay, I can find one for much cheaper. Well, you can't blame the guy for trying to make a living..

This morning after I fed Rudy, we went upstairs and played for a little bit before I had to get ready for work. He seems like his old self again. After I got dressed, I found him back under my desk. He really likes it under there. You would think he would enjoy my bed more (it does have an extra soft serta mattress and 600 count sheets) but the answer would be no.

My husband promised to fix the shed so that Rudy won't have access under it anymore. I'm drawing up the eviction notice to those freeloading rabbits now. Hop along rabbits, hop along or be trapped.

1 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

:O) Very cute.

July 14, 2005 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home